[Linux-cluster] Failed service

Tomasz Koczorowski Tomasz.Koczorowski at centertel.pl
Mon Jun 5 07:56:38 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have encountered following problem: developers tried to
upgrade clustered application on RHCS4 without stopping
related service. Unfortunately while the application was stopped,
cluster tried to execute start script with status parameter - it failed.
After that cluster tried to relocate the service but stopping failed
(beacuse service was already stopped) and the service state
was changed to failed (shared filesystem and ip address were not
removed from node). Later developers started the service (without
notifying CS). So now application is running but service state is
failed.

I can enable the service but I will have to execute following commands
on failed node thus stopping important application:

clusvcadm -d my_service
clusvcadm -e my_service

Is there a possibility to enable failed service without stopping and
starting it?

Regards,

Tomasz Koczorowski