[Linux-cluster] Is fenced service started ?

Hi all,

I am trying to automate the starting and stopping of a GFS filesystem (GFS 6.1). I am doing these things :
- On start :
/etc/init.d/ccsd start
/etc/init.d/cman start
/etc/init.d/fenced start
/etc/init.d/gfs start
And then mount -t gfs device mountpoint
- On stop :
umount device,
/etc/init.d/gfs stop
/etc/init.d/fenced stop
/etc/init.d/cman stop
/etc/init.d/ccsd stop

This goes fine most of the time, but not always. Sometimes I get things like this: "lock_dlm: fence domain not found; check fenced" in syslog at mount time, although /etc/init.d/fenced was properly started. In fact, the fence daemon did not have enough time to initialize itself completely (/etc/cluster/services).

The same can happen if i start immediately after a stop, as the fencing daemon does not have time to completely exit when i try to run it again.

Is there a clean way to test if fenced is completely started or failed ? Looping over /etc/cluster/services does not sound appropriate and quite clean. Doing a "sleep 10" is not a good option neither.

Any idea is welcome.

--
Mathieu Avila