[Linux-cluster] gfs export over nfs is very slow

Raj Kumar rajkum2002 at rediffmail.com
Tue Jun 6 20:54:35 UTC 2006

No. I am measuring read speed. I used command "time cat test* > /dev/null"  to time reading 400 files. All our files are 33MB in size. Our processing applications reads many such files in real time and processes them. The app is falling behind because the read speed is less than 20MB/sec but it got to be able to read at least 2 files per second on average... so we need about 50-60Mb/sec transfer rate on our NFS clients. We could get about 45MB/sec with EXT3 but only about 20MB/sec with GFS.

Thanks,
Raj