[Linux-cluster] [RFC] Transport independent Cluster service

Aneesh Kumar aneesh.kumar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 14:51:57 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am right now working on ci-linux.sf.net project. The goal is to get
the code ready so that
projects like GFS and OCFS2 can start using the framework. CI/ICS
allows to build cluster service without worrying about the transport
mechanism used. With the OpenSSI project we had both IP and infiniband
transport and i belive it should be easy to implement one using sctp
or TIPC.  You can see the result of my work here
http://git.openssi.org/~kvaneesh/gitweb.cgi?p=ci-to-linus.git;a=summary

Different components of CI is explained here
http://ci-linux.sourceforge.net/components.shtml

I have dropped CLMS and CLMS key service. I am looking at using
CMAN/configfs for doing the cluster membership part.

Registering new cluster service is explained here.
http://ci-linux.sourceforge.net/enhancing.shtml

here also you can drop the CLMS part .

This link explains how to write new cluster service.
http://ci-linux.sourceforge.net/ics.shtml

A simple example is below

http://git.openssi.org/~kvaneesh/gitweb.cgi?p=ci-to-linus.git;a=blob;h=8282ad15da09901f4cd4bdd62490766458d1cebf;hb=f7e456933b9868486c014a83e473f647149a71f6;f=include/cluster/gen/icssig.svc
http://git.openssi.org/~kvaneesh/gitweb.cgi?p=ci-to-linus.git;a=blob;h=1004328006021f5287bb543abc7d15e51964eae6;hb=688587ead9ce2d26070ca051323769cd76c91185;f=include/cluster/gen/icstest.svc