[Linux-cluster] Someone FSCK'd my GFS filesystem....

Kovacs, Corey J. cjk at techma.com
Tue Jun 13 14:29:19 UTC 2006

Ok, next time I'll take a better look at my logs....

I rebooted the node in question while watching logs of another.
problem node booted and logs reflected that gfs wasn't letting it
join cuz it was expired (seems this cluster has other problems).
I rebooted all nodes and all nodes joined the cluster.

So, after examining my fencing config, it appears that my problem
node does not have it's fence device configured properly. I can see
the filesystem from all nodes and things look OK.

I will definitely be doing a "gfs_fsck" against the fs though just
in case ,filesystems unmounted of course :)

Once more lesson in getting clear details when trying to fix problems
induced by others

Cheers

Corey