[Linux-cluster] RE : GFS Sharing Hard Disk

Hi,
I would like to know is that possible to has a hard disk physically shared by multi servers.  I have a SAN which has a logical disk setup that can be mount/accessed by multi servers at the same time directly, however lacking off global locking/synchronization system the data can not be shared properly, data I update from server 1, could not been seen on server 2, unless I dismount and remount the disk on server 2.  I know thing can not be that easy.

I do not want to lose performance by using NFS or iSCSI.  I have look at GFS, it seems that is a right tools to me but I do not want to setup a full cluster environment.  Does it has any way to use GFS without a complete cluster setup?

Thanks
Sherman