[Linux-cluster] partitioning of filesystems in cluster nodes

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 06:37:18 UTC 2006

Right, it is indeed what I want to do. But now let me understand the basics
of GFS. GFS actually runs on the SAN but the GFS drivers/software that I
install on each of my cluster node just allows each of these nodes to see
these volumes? Something analogous to say iscsi-initiators on a node to via
the LUNs on an iSCSI SAN? If that's true, then is it possible for me to say
have my /opt/local installed on the GFS managed filesystem on the SAN such
that whatever application is installed once in this directory can be
accessed by all  nodes mounting that filesystem? So kind of get install
once, use everywhere kind of a deal?

Thanks so much
RR