[Linux-cluster] PVFS, GFS - What do I need for...

Hi,

im a newbie to clustering and have been browsing docs, irc and subcribed to this list 2 days ago. I think I know now that GFS is not what we need, id like to ask which system would be right for us:

We'll run 2 Linux Servers, one is backup in case the first one fails. im looking into using the heartbeat project for that.
Theyll run

mysql
jboss
apache
openldap

jboss will store lots of pictures on a partition. We want to replicate this partition constantly to the second server, so the jboss of server2 has access to those if it has to take over.
We wont be using a shared storage (right now for cost issues)

so is PVFS doing what we want?

I want the moment I copy a file to that special partition it to be copies to the other server. so both server keep a local partition in sync...

thx for clearing things up for me.

Christophe
--
Christophe Zwecker                     mail: doc zwecker de
Hamburg, Germany                        fon: +49 179 3994867

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away"