R: [Linux-cluster] "Missed too many heartbeats" messages and hungcluster

Leandro Dardini l.dardini at comune.prato.it
Tue Jun 27 08:51:12 UTC 2006

Running a two machine cluster is a bad thing (but due to budget limitation, I am doing the same bad thing). If something happens between the two machine, they fence each other. In this particular case, I think you have some sort of network problem between the two machine. You can try to "ping" each other and see, when the problem arise, the connectivity state. Maybe a "too much intelligent switch" is handling the traffic and have some sort of "traffic shaping and control".

Leandro