[Linux-cluster] best csgfs howto not presuming/requiring gui

Robert Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Tue Jun 27 17:57:44 UTC 2006

Larry Vaden wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> I think I'll break list netiquette and thank you for your work and for
> the clue(s).
>
> Has GULM been more or less officially deprecated in favor of DLM?
>
> Any other gotchas for late adopters?
>
> rgds/ldv
Hi Larry,

The plan, as I understand it, is to support GULM locking for RHEL4, but
starting with RHEL5, GULM will no longer be supported in favor of DLM.
That may alarm some people because Oracle is only certified to work with
GULM today, but needless to say, we'll be going through re-certification
with Oracle for RHEL5, so we will have alternatives.  It's pretty simple
to switch from GULM to DLM and back anyway.

As for gotchas:  Well, I've been working on a Cluster Suite FAQ
(Frequently Asked Questions) that I hope to make public soon, maybe
as early as this week.  (I'll post something here when I do).
I'm just waiting for feedback from some of the developers before I post it.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite