Re: [Linux-cluster] Using GULM with CLVM

Ok thanks for your quick answer :)

Yes, it is outdated. clvmd does work with gulm.

Ok... since this is undocumented.

Are these steps ok ? :

-> Start gulm servers.
-> Update cluster.conf to remove cman and add gulm servers
-> Remove cman from the node startup scripts
-> Reboot the whole cluster.

(I'm not in production yet, so downtime is not a real matter, and I'm
trying to deal the transition the easiest way)

Nothing has to be changed for LVM / CLVM ?
I start / use them the same way ?

gulm is resource hungry. Get as much RAM as you can ;-)
I'm no expert on gulm, but I would expect that 256MB would not be enough for a
cluster of over 32 nodes.

Ouch !
But gulm is just a central locking server, right ? :)
I was more thinking of something like 5 or 10 megs max, LOL :)

Thanks,

Ugo PARSI

--
An apple a day, keeps the doctor away