[Linux-cluster] two node cluster not coming up

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 14:44:49 UTC 2006

Hi Bob,

Yeah the communication is all good, can ping each other, in fact I'm scp'ing
the cluster.conf file to svr01 and there's nothing else on that network,
they might as well be connected through a x-over cable as these two machines
are the only machines on the network. I got around the startup hang by
starting the OS with the "I" keypress and said No to all cluster services.
Once in the OS, I did

# service ccsd start
# service cman start

This works fine on svr00, on svr01 it comes back with [FAILED]. When I do,
'service cman status' it says the following

[root at svr01 ~]# service cman status
Protocol version: 5.0.1
Config version: 4
Cluster name: testcluster
Cluster ID: 27453
Cluster Member: No
Membership state: Joining

When I do a manual: cman_tool join -w I get back a "cman_tool: Node is
already active"

Also, I load my modules automatically during system startup with S99local.

BTW, I do now see the following messages in my /var/log/messages file

Jun 29 14:36:39 svr01 ccsd[3685]: Unable to perform sendto: Cannot assign
requested address
Jun 29 14:36:40 svr01 kernel: CMAN: sending membership request
Jun 29 14:36:41 svr01 ccsd[3685]: Unable to perform sendto: Cannot assign
requested address
Jun 29 14:36:45 svr01 last message repeated 2 times
Jun 29 14:36:45 svr01 kernel: CMAN: sending membership request
Jun 29 14:36:47 svr01 ccsd[3685]: Unable to perform sendto: Cannot assign
requested address
Jun 29 14:36:50 svr01 kernel: CMAN: sending membership request
Jun 29 14:37:25 svr01 last message repeated 7 times

Does this help? Can I have the application generate more detailed logging?

Thanks in advance
\R