R: [Linux-cluster] Fencing Methods

Leandro Dardini l.dardini at comune.prato.it
Mon Mar 20 18:37:26 UTC 2006

________________________________

	Da: linux-cluster-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:linux-cluster-bounces at redhat.com] Per conto di Hendershot, Zach
	Inviato: lunedì 20 marzo 2006 19.17
	A: linux-cluster at redhat.com
	Oggetto: [Linux-cluster] Fencing Methods

	Hello,
	    I was wondering about various fencing methods. We don't have any "supported" hardware available to do proper fencing via the Red Hat fencing agents. Other clustered filesystems like the Veritas CFS and Oracle's ocfs2 solve the fencing problem by simply panic'ing the machine to keep the IO from hitting the disk. My question is this: can I configure GFS to do the same thing? Has anybody done this before? Is this even suggested or is there a "Better Way". Thanks for your help.

Writing a fencing agent for your hardware is not so difficult. Take a look for example to /sbin/fence_brocade.

Leandro