[Linux-cluster] Any recommentdations for Oracle on a Netapp filer ?

Weyns, Frank Frank.Weyns at ordina.nl
Thu Mar 2 10:19:02 UTC 2006

I'm designing a  very simple oracle cluster with a NetApp filer.
Just two nodes, one oracle production instance falling over to the second node if needed.
Second node running the "test-acceptance" oracle instance, which is brought down if needed.

The Oracle filesystems ( binary, database and archive logs) will be nfs mounted.
(I worked with Fiber SANs before, not a NetApp I have my doubts but you can take them away ;-)

Any caveats ? Any best practices. Why should I avoid nfs or why is it good ? Versions to have or avoid.)