[Linux-cluster] Any recommentdations for Oracle on a Netapp filer ?

SUVANKAR MOITRA suvankar_moitra at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 4 06:35:04 UTC 2006

dear lon,

I have some question about the script and the
installation :--
1> Can i install RHCS4 after install the Oracle 10g?
2> The /mnt/oracle mount point is temporary for the
oracle installation or should  i write on /etc/fstab ?

3> Can i mention ORACLE_HOME,ORACLE_BASE,ORACLE_SID
etc on .bash_profile of every node or leave it as it
is only create oracle user and group?
4> Where should i place oracledb.sh file? I think its
required in every node, am i write ?
5>What is the exact use of oracledb.sh file?
6> How can i shutdown the oracle, should i write
script for that, like orastop and orastart for up the
oracle?

thanks and warm regards

Suvankar