[Linux-cluster] samba on gfs

What is the problem with running samba on GFS, and when will it be resolved?
I have seen a hint from lon here that running samba on GFS isn't possible right now. I have a 2-node cluster running NFS services from GFS, and would like to dedicate one node for NFS, the other for samba (running from the same filesystems).

I guess I could do it by NFS mounting from the NFS node, but that kind of defeats the purpose of moving the samba services into the cluster...

Btw: These nodes currently have Gb interfaces for the public networks, but only a 10Mb private network. Is that enough, or should I upgrade the private network when I start using both nodes actively?

--
birger