[Linux-cluster] samba on gfs

Marc Grimme grimme at atix.de
Wed Mar 15 07:44:38 UTC 2006

Hello,
we have some customers that have samba clusters with GFS running for a long
time without problems. There are some things you need to take into account
but nevertheless samba on GFS runs very well even when you export the same
data via NFS.
E.G. one customer runs a "active/active" Samba/NFS Cluster on GFS as ADS
Member for about a year (up to 600 Users) without problems.
I would say samba and GFS is a very nice combination.
Regards Marc.