[Linux-cluster] samba on gfs

Velu Erwan erwan at seanodes.com
Wed Mar 15 13:45:11 UTC 2006

Marc Grimme a écrit :

>Hello,
>we have some customers that have samba clusters with GFS running for a long
>time without problems. There are some things you need to take into account
>but nevertheless samba on GFS runs very well even when you export the same
>data via NFS.
>E.G. one customer runs a "active/active" Samba/NFS Cluster on GFS as ADS
>Member for about a year (up to 600 Users) without problems.
>I would say samba and GFS is a very nice combination.
>Regards Marc.

This sounds to be done in a homedir approach but this doesn't sounds to
work when you share a directory on several samba servers.
I mean, there will be troubles if two users want to access to the same
file by using 2 different samba servers.
The samba team sounds to address this issue in the future samba 4.0.