Re: [Linux-cluster] samba on gfs

Filipe,

I think, you can use LVS to load balance requests into servers and map just one virtual ip at windows.

tks,

--
Allyson A. Brito
MSN: allysonbrito78 hotmail com

Filipe Miranda wrote:

Just one question about running multiple samba servers using GFS....
You can have the same dada to be shared on multiple servers, but each samba server will need a differente NETBIOS name on the network right?

So if I have a WindowsXP client machine, it will have to map 2(or more) network paths to reach each samba server.

Am I correct? If so, how to address this issue so the user can have just one network mapped drive accessing multiple samba servers(if necessary, if one machine fails for example?)

Att.
Filipe Miranda