Re: [Linux-cluster] Cluster Newbie Questions........

toxictux wrote:

hi all,
   i am setting up a two node cluster with San based shared storage.
i have following questions regarding my setup.

1. i am planning to use this cluster to setup a web based application.
i saw the example in redhat documentation on how to setup http service
in cluster. is it possible to have http and mysql services served by
same cluster??

Yes, just make 2 diferent scripts to a better management.

2. can i set them up on the same LUN after i created 2 separate partitions??

Yes, no problems. Just remember that devices on Linux can change depending on your scsi id, target, lun, etc... to avoid problems I mount filesystems using LABEL and not the device /dev/sdX.

3. which lock manager is recommended DLM or GuLM?
Thanks,
-F