[Linux-cluster] Netmask of IP Address resource system-config-cluster 1.0.25

thorsten.henrici at gfd.de thorsten.henrici at gfd.de
Mon Mar 20 08:07:51 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'm a bit baffled, that I can't enter a netmask when configuring an IP
Adress as a ressorce with the the system-config-cluster 1.0.25 tool.
As a result, when starting rgmanager, the Service IP Adress gets a /32
netmask, which is not correct of cause.

Since there won't be too many changes to the cluster.conf file in the long
run, it would be alright to just edit it by hand. Unfortuneatly I wasn't
able to figure out what the correct syntax is

eg.

<ip address="10.112.24.17/24" monitor_link="1"/>

or

<netmask = "255.255.255.0"/>

Is the DTD of cluster.conf generally available?

My cluster.conf is attached below. Please feel free to suggest
improvements, since I'm totally new to the RH ClusterSuite.
For example, I don't want to use a fencing device, because I don't need
any shared storage for the MySQL Cluster, which works with two seperate
data nodes, that is the data itself will exist twice physically on
seperate storage.

Do I have to configure some kind of fencing anyways. If yes, how would
this kind of dummy fencing look like in the cluster.conf?
(Or is the <fencedevices/> entry all I need?)

Many thanks in advance !

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster config_version="6" name="mysql_server">
        <fence_daemon post_fail_delay="0" post_join_delay="3"/>
        <clusternodes>
                <clusternode name="sgfddewer132a" votes="1">
                        <fence/>
                </clusternode>
                <clusternode name="sgfddewer132b" votes="1">
                        <fence/>
                </clusternode>
        </clusternodes>
        <cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>
        <fencedevices/>
        <rm>
                <failoverdomains>
                        <failoverdomain name="fd_mysql-cluster_001"
ordered="1" restricted="1">
                                <failoverdomainnode name="sgfddewer132a"
priority="1"/>
                                <failoverdomainnode name="sgfddewer132b"
priority="2"/>
                        </failoverdomain>
                </failoverdomains>
                <resources>
                        <ip address="10.112.24.17" monitor_link="1"/>
                        <script file="/etc/init.d/mysql.server"
name="mysql_server"/>
                </resources>
                <service autostart="1" domain="fd_mysql-cluster_001"
name="s_mysql_server_001">
                        <ip ref="10.112.24.17"/>
                        <script ref="mysql_server"/>
                </service>
        </rm>
</cluster>

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind Regards

Thorsten Henrici

Abteilung IT-Kommunikation
GfD Gesellschaft für Datenverarbeitung mbH
e-mail thorsten.henrici at gfd.de
fon: +49 21 9676-1857
fax: +49 21 9676-1932

Industriestrasse 10
D-42929 Wermelskirchen

--
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the