Re: [Linux-cluster] DLM messages

David Teigland wrote:
On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 08:23:40AM +0200, Bas van der Vlies wrote:
GFS: cvs STABLE

I just noticed that as we get these dlm messages the load will increase about 60 and stays there. what does this messages
mean?

process_lockqueue_reply id 237030a state 0

These are common and haven't been associated with any problems
before.  We should probably remove the printk.  It's caused
by a grant message arriving before the reply to the lock request.

Thanks i also found that answer in the archive

Mar 26 15:35:25 ifs2 kernel: dlm: lisa_vg3_lv1: cancel reply ret 0
Mar 26 15:35:25 ifs2 kernel: lock_dlm: unlock sb_status 0 2,15a940b8 flags 0

I've never seen these before.  They're related to cancels which
GFS only does during recovery.  What applications are using GFS?

Our setup is a 4 node GFS-server that act as Home NFS-server for our cluster. This cluster is used by different universities and research institutes. All applications are using NFS and therfore also GFS.

Regards

*  Bas van der Vlies                     e-mail: basv sara nl      *