[Linux-cluster] RE: CS4 Virtual Ip address Service re-starts

Message Classification: Restricted

Message Classification: Restricted
I'm using RHEL CS4 and the objective is to create a 2-node Cluster, IP: 10.10.10.35 and IP: 10.10.10.39, using Active/Passive configuration.

For a start, I want to create a Virtual IP address (10.10.10.22) service that will failover to the other node when one of the nodes is down. After creation of the service called "mf", I enabled the service in the Cluster Configuration GUI and it is started okay. In the "var/log/messages" file, after about approx. 2 minutes, I get the following messages :

clurgmgrd [7838]:<notice> status on ip "10.10.10.22" returned 1 (generic error)
clurgmgrd [7838]:<notice> Stopping service mf
clurgmgrd [7838]:<notice> Service mf is recovering
clurgmgrd [7838]:<notice> Recovering failed service mf
clurgmgrd [7838]:<notice> Service mf started

After about 2 minutes, the whole affair repeats itself again for eternity.

Is there any script for the virtual ip address that I can access to set the status ?

This is solved in current CVS - and will be solved with U3. It's got to do with the router-pinging code being broken.

To get rid of it for now, delete the depth="20" monitor/status actions from /usr/share/cluster/ip.sh and restart rgmanager.

>> Thanks, Lon, it worked as you said. BTW, I've Redhat support subscription, any idea where to download CS4 U3 ? Regards.

-- Lon

This e-mail is intended only for the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the named addressee (or have received this e-mail in error), please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, distribution or copying of the contents in this e-mail is prohibited. Thank you.