[Linux-cluster] Recommended HP servers for cluster suite

Kovacs, Corey J. cjk at techma.com
Fri May 5 12:50:50 UTC 2006

iLO fencing works just fine. You might be missing perl-Crypt-SSLeay which is
required
for iLO fencing. You need to put all the fence_ilo options in the "fence.ccs"
and the
option ' action = reboot (or off) for in the fence section of your nodes.ccs
file on
RHEL3+GFS6.0x. If you are using RHEL4 + GFS 6.1, then it is simpler since the
config
is expected to be in the same file etc.

In either case, you need to make sure the web access to the iLO port is
working and that
you have a valid account in the iLO config (the built in Administrator
account will work)
Also, if you are using RHEL4 and an updated iLO firmware, you need to disable
power
management for the machine due to a change in the way the iLO powers off the
machine. It
seems to try a nice shutdown by sending the machine into runlevel 6 instead
of just pulling
the carpet out from under it.

My suggestion to the fencing agent coders would be to issue a "power reset"
instead of a
"power off" as a reset will in fact pull the plug, and is much faster (and
thereby "safer")
than a power off command.

Also, you can always add more than one fencing method to each node. For
instace, you can
fence the machine at the fibre port as well. I believe you need to manually
enable the port
again once you have determined that there is no problem etc.

Any specific problem you are having?

Corey