[Linux-cluster] Recommended HP servers for cluster suite

Cosimo Streppone cosimo at streppone.it
Mon May 8 19:31:14 UTC 2006

Kovacs, Corey J. wrote:

> iLO fencing works just fine.
> [...]
 > If you are using RHEL4 + GFS 6.1, then it is simpler since the
> config is expected to be in the same file etc.
>
 > [...]

I seem to have got past the SSL modules installation,
so that is not the problem.

Thanks for sharing your experience, but I admit I still haven't
understood when fencing takes place. What are the conditions that
trigger fencing?

> Any specific problem you are having?

Yes.
The main problem is that I'm now beginning to find my way through RHCS4. :-)
Other random problems that I had:

- oom-killer kernel thread killed my ccs daemon, causing the
   entire two-node cluster to suddenly become unmanageable;
- start/stop of shared filesystem resources (SAN) is causing errors
   and is therefore not managed properly;
- don't know how to properly configure heartbeat;

I know these are not iLO problem. In fact, I'm trying to
solve one problem at a time, and don't know if iLO fencing
can be the cause of these problems.

I need to do some more researching. I'll be back with
more useful info.

--
Cosimo