[Linux-cluster] question about creating partitions and gfs

Kovacs, Corey J. cjk at techma.com
Tue May 9 12:16:07 UTC 2006

Jason, if IIRC, the dells internal disks show up as /dev/sd* devices. Do you
have a shared storage device? If /dev/sdb1 is not a shared device, then I
think
you might need to take a step back and get a hold of a SAN of some type. If
you
are just playing around, there are ways to get some firewire drives to accept

two hosts and act like a cheap shared devices. There are docs on the Oracle
site documenting the process of setting up the drive and the kernel. Note,
that
you'll only be able to use two nodes using the firewire idea.

Also, you should specify a partition for the command below. That partition
can
be very small. Something on the order of 10MB sounds right. Even that is
probably
way too big. Then use the rest for GFS storage pools.

Corey