[Linux-cluster] Slow dfs

I saw a question a while back from Jeffrey Bethke about speeding up df
operations.

We're considering building a large GFS filesystem and the 11Tb
filesystem that we have now can take a very long time to return from a
df (either regular or using gfs_tool).

Once it's run once it appears to cache the information and runs quite
quickly, but we're concerned about how this will scale once we get up to
100 or so Tb.  Waiting ages for a df to return isn't ideal...

Stephen