[Linux-cluster] question about creating partitions and gfs (getting closer!)

Jason jason at monsterjam.org
Sat May 13 02:34:16 UTC 2006

woohoo!
I got it figgered out..
Ive got
/dev/sdb1   (10 megs)
/dev/sdb2   (rest of disk)
make the pools, did the ccs_tool create ,
did service ccsd start
did service lock_gulmd start  (but had to figger out my DNS issues first ;)
now im at the point where I do
gfs_mkfs -p lock_gulm -t  bla bla

and so now im doing

[root at tf1 cluster]# gfs_mkfs -p lock_gulm -t progressive:gfs1 -j 8 /dev/pool/pool0
gfs_mkfs: Partition too small for number/size of journals
[root at tf1 cluster]# gfs_mkfs -p lock_gulm -t progressive:gfs1 -j 4 /dev/pool/pool0
gfs_mkfs: Partition too small for number/size of journals
[root at tf1 cluster]# gfs_mkfs -p lock_gulm -t progressive:gfs1 -j 2 /dev/pool/pool0
gfs_mkfs: Partition too small for number/size of journals
[root at tf1 cluster]#

and cant figure out why its giving me grief

heres my pools config.

poolname pool0                       #name of the pool/volume to create
subpools 1                              #how many subpools make up this
subpool 0 128 2 gfs_data        #first subpool, zero indexed, 128k stripe, 1
pooldevice 0 0 /dev/sdb1        #physical device for pool 0, device 0 (again, zero indexed)
pooldevice 0 1 /dev/sdb2        #physical device for pool 0, device 1 (again, zero indexed)

regards,
Jason