[Linux-cluster] Re: Failover Mail Server Without Shared Storage

On 2006-05-17, Ciril Ignatious T <ciril hcl in> wrote:

> I have a requirement where i need a fail over Mail Server without shared
> storage.I need a solution like server mirroring so that i can avoid
> shared storage.If any such solution is there pls help me..

That can be done using heartbeat from linux-ha.org, plus DRBD for mirroring
over the network.

	http://www.drbd.org/drbd-article.html
	http://wiki.linux-ha.org/GettingStarted/DRBD

I've used a similar setup for mail server (POP, IMAP, SMTP) with heartbeat
and ServeRAID for failing over the disks between the nodes. This has the
advantage of hardware fencing (two nodes are not allowed to use the disks
at the same time).

	http://wiki.linux-ha.org/ServeRAID

  -jf