[Linux-cluster] multicast

Wolfgang Pauli pauli at grey.colorado.edu
Thu May 18 18:46:56 UTC 2006

We just decided to keep using NFS with XFS. I had the bonding before, but than
the guys on the first subnet could not connect to the headnode anymore,
because with the bonding the headnode only had one ip addy (which is the one
of the other subnet, or vice versa) and I could not figure out how to change
the route to tell those nodes that their gateway is on a different subnet (or
whatever the problem was). And than I would probably also have to use
multicast because the head node would be on a different subnet that those
nodes. I just don't know enough about all that, because I am only a student
and not a real admin.

wolfgang