Re: [Linux-cluster] Postgresql under RHCS4

Hi,

On Mon, 22 May 2006, carlopmart wrote:

No Devrim, I mean which can be the best form to setup replication between master and slave ... and when master goes down, if I put data on slave how can I update master node.

You don't need a replication system there. Use an SAN :)

Here is the schema:

+-------+		+-------+
|Master |		|Slave	|
|	|		|	|
|Node	|		|Node	|
+-------+		+-------+
   |			    |
   --------------------------

	+--------------
	|	      |
	| SAN or NAS  |
	|	      |

You will install just operating system,PostgreSQL binaries and Cluster tools to both Master and Slave nodes. All $PGDATA will reside in the storage.

If master node goes down, Slave node will mount $PGDATA and continue working. When master node is up, slave will umount $PGDATA, stop its postmaster and will trigger master node and start its postmaster so that data will not be corrupted.

Regards,
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
Kivi Bili┼čim Teknolojileri         -          http://www.kivi.com.tr