-----Original Message-----
From: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com
[mailto:linux-cluster-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Falk Hackenberger -
MediaTransfer AG Netresearch & Consulting
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 3:27 PM
To: linux-cluster redhat com
Subject: [Linux-cluster] CS4 have a splitt-brain-problem in 2-node setup

Hello,

I try to use the CS4 for managing a 2-node-cluster.
also i have a working fenicing-device (apc-powerswitch).
I think I have found a design-error in the CS4.

If you boot up one node(1) and this node(1) cant reach the other node(2)
node(1) trys to fence node(2).
This is fine...
but if the fencing fails, node(1)
starts his services via rgmanager without to be shure that the other
node is not working.
volia and you have a splitt-brain problem.

any solution for this?

any answer aka "use more hardware" is not a solution I think.

cu falk

Privileged or confidential information may be contained
in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated
in this message (or responsible for delivery of the
message to such person), please delete this message and
kindly notify the sender by an emailed reply. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this message that
do not relate to the official business of Progression
and its associate entities shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by them.

Progression Infonet Private Limited, Gurgaon (Haryana), India