[Linux-cluster] Configuring NFS on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 AS / Cluster Suite / GFS 6.1

Robert S Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Tue May 23 22:27:13 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 16:53 -0400, Sutton, Harry (MSE) wrote:
> This seems like a fairly straightforward thing to do, but I'm having a
> heck of a time accomplishing it.

Hi Harry,

Since I've got some experience in this matter, earlier in the year, I
tried to write an "NFS/GFS Cookbook" that was a nuts-and-bolts
("example-driven") approach to configuring NFS to work with Cluster
Suite and GFS exactly as you're describing.

So far, I haven't had much time to refine it and make it into an
officially sanctioned "Red Hat Document."  It's just a draft.  However,
because I'm seeing more questions about this lately, I've decided to
make it available on our cvs source directory here:

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/doc/nfscookbook.pdf

I hope this helps.
Just keep in mind: This is a draft.  There may be mistakes.
If you let me know what they are, I can fix the doc though...
Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite