[Linux-cluster] gfs export over nfs is very slow

Olivier Thibault Olivier.Thibault at lmpt.univ-tours.fr
Tue May 30 15:22:36 UTC 2006

Hi,

Raj Kumar a écrit :
 > Hi,
 >
 > We are using GFS6.0 (no cluster suite) and NFS exports of the file
system. I am getting a transfer rate of about 35MB/sec. We have a high
speed SAN. Actually the transfer rate can be little higher but we
attribute the slow rate to NFS itself since we see the same numbers for
EXT3 also.

 > Regards,
 > Raj

Thank you for your answer.
I am upgrading to last GFS/DLM/CMAN kernel stuff and will retry.
I've ran bonnie++ with ext3 exported over nfs and it is really speeder
even if it's not what i expected. I got about 22 MB/s (r/w).
But i saw that nfsd was consuming a lot of CPU. The system load was 15 !!
I've also ran test with Suse SLES9 xfs exported over nfs. I got 40MB/s,
which is what aim to get with GFS ...
I don't understand ...

Is there anybody who export gfs over nfs with FC5 ?

Thanks by advance

Olivier