Re: [Linux-cluster] Samba share resource fails to start after upgrade to Cluster Suite 4U4

Lon Hohberger wrote:

On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 23:16 +0200, Cosimo Streppone wrote:

<resources>
  <ip address="10.1.1.200" monitor_link="1"/>
  <fs device="/dev/mapper/mpath0p1" force_fsck="0" force_unmount="0" fsid="4275" fstype="ext2" mountpoint="/mnt/san" name="Slim2k disk" options="noatime,nodiratime" self_fence="1"/>
  <smb name="//share/exportdb" workgroup="WORKGROUP"/>

The share name should not contain any slashes.  With a valid name, the
<smb> resource agent generates a brain-dead example configuration for
use as something for the administrator to build on.

Ok, so, "exportdb" or something would be a better name.  Using that,
given the rest your service configuration, the agent will generate an
*example* configuration with two properties:

> [...]

I think there's an error on my part, probably.
By that config, I meant to define:

- an external filesystem, which is a (Yeah) SAN, that's mounted
  by the active node only, that contains the core applications;
- another external smb filesystem, which is accessible as
  smb://share/exportdb, with "share" being a machine name, and
  "exportdb" the share name. (What a mess, I know).
- The /etc/init.d/smb script that starts the samba server
  on the active node, for other shares that *my* server exposes.

BTW, if it's relevant to you, the redhat support request
I filed is the no. 1070734.

--
Cosimo