[Linux-cluster] LVS: Not as a gateway?

Christopher Hawkins chawkins at bplinux.com
Thu Nov 2 17:34:15 UTC 2006

You would probably want direct routing. "Direct" means on the same network
as the director, and able to use the same gateway to the outside world. An
outside client would access services by sending a packet to your firewall,
which would forward it to the director, then the director would choose an
LVS "real server" to send it to for processing, and then the real server
that got it would reply "directly" to the client without further
intervention from the director machine.

Chris