[Linux-cluster] LVS: Not as a gateway?

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Thu Nov 2 17:51:21 UTC 2006

What is confusing me is that everything on my network is behind the firewall,
so NAT to begin with. Yet, the LVS setup requires a public address and a
private one.

Both LVS machines do have two NIC's. Both LVS and real servers use the same
gateway, 192.168.1.1 for example. The client connections are sent directly to
the real servers by using 'DIRECT' connections,

I've set up LVS with 192.168.1.150 as the public floating IP that clients
connect to. Yet, I keep getting these errors I noted in another reply.

What am I missing here? I've not set up anything outside of LVS however
because that's not clear to me. Should I be setting up 192.168.1.150 on my
second LVS interface manually?

Mike