Re: [Linux-cluster] Duplicate Volumes, GFS fail over

isplist logicore net wrote:
Thanks.

I'll look into this. Does this have to be installed on every server in the cluster? Contacting the vendor won't do me any good since I don't have support for 90% of the hardware being used :). Has to be something I can do on my own with what I've got.

Mike
every box that has multiple paths would need to have it to behave properly. Like i said before, it might not be that difficult. You can use the default /etc/multipath.conf by just commenting out the blacklist section. My default /etc/multipath.conf looks like this:

devnode_blacklist
{
      ##this block the primary local hard disk, change to meet your setup
      devnode "^sda"
##this ignores lots of stuph that is not relevant at all in most circumstances
       devnode "^(ram|raw|loop|fd|md|dm-|sr|scd|st)[0-9]*"
      ##this blocks ide based devices
       devnode "^hd[a-z][0-9]*"
      ##i dont remember what this blocks.
       devnode "^cciss!c[0-9]d[0-9]*[p[0-9]*]"
}
defaults {
       ## use user friendly names, instead of using WWIDs as names.
       user_friendly_names yes
}

I define a devices section for the emc box i work with that looks like this:
devices {
       ## Device attributes requirements for EMC Symmetrix
       ## are part of the default definitions and do not require separate
       ## definition.
       ## Device attributes for EMC CLARiiON
       device {
               vendor "DGC "
               product "*"
               path_grouping_policy group_by_prio
               getuid_callout "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
               prio_callout "/sbin/mpath_prio_emc /dev/%n"
               path_checker emc_clariion
               path_selector "round-robin 0"
               features "1 queue_if_no_path"
               no_path_retry 300
               hardware_handler "1 emc"
               failback immediate
       }
}

but thats not necessary. it should look at what you have and use defaults based on pre-configured assumptions (correct me if i'm wrong ppl).

-greg

--
http://www.gvtc.com
--

“only he who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible.” -anonymous