Re: [Linux-cluster] Ls and globbing taking ridiculously long on GFS

Dylan Vanderhoof wrote:
I understand that a df, or ls -l that requires statting files should be
slow.  However, I'm seeing ridiculous performance of just an ls, or
anything doing file globbing in directory reads.
My guess is that you have lots of small writes before the "ls" that generates the disk flushing. Could you pass your kernel and gfs versions ? Mind running oprofile on your node (I can pass the instructions if you like) so I can take a look ?

-- Wendy