[Linux-cluster] Re: Storage Problems, need some advice

Kevin Anderson kanderso at redhat.com
Wed Nov 8 03:26:58 UTC 2006

We use iSCSI in our development labs for GFS clustering.  Basically, GFS
requires that the underlying storage be concurrently accessible from all
nodes in the cluster.  This rules out a shared scsi bus between nodes,
but fibre channel, iSCSI and gndb all provide the ability to access the
underlying storage concurrently.   From the basic descriptions of the
DS300, I don't see any reason it wouldn't work very well with GFS.  It
provides either fibre channel or iSCSI support.

Kevin