[Linux-cluster] Quorum disk: Can it be a partition?

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 03:40:16 UTC 2006

On 10/10/06, Robert Peterson <rpeterso at redhat.com> wrote:
> Yes.  You definitely want to use shared storage.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bob Peterson

Hello,

does anyone know if having this quorum disk on an iSCSI SAN which the
linux nodes can only access through an iscsi-initiator with non-TOE
NICs would cause any significant CPU usage? The machines I have may
normally have to deal with high CPU demanding tasks and if the NICs
don't offload the TCP/IP checksum computations, then the CPU on the
machine will have to be used for it. If the writing to the Quorum is
short and sweet then I could have it on the iSCSI SAN. But I guess I
do add load if I use an NFS share for it as well, right?

comments?