[Linux-cluster] Minimum requirements for clvm only?

Hey all,

I'm building a new system with shared FC storage primarily to allow Xen virtual machines to be migrated between host systems. I'd like to be able to use LVM or some similar system that allows me to name my own volumes, but don't need shared storage, rgmanager, etc. What are the minimum requirements to just get clvm working? I'm assuming I don't need fence devices and such for this, as those are primarily used to ensure that a system is writing to a filesystem when it's not supposed to? Also, are there any alternatives to clvm that may be better suited for this case?

Thanks!

| nate carlson | natecars natecarlson com | http://www.natecarlson.com |