Re: [Linux-cluster] iLO device as fencing device

Fabrizio Lippolis wrote:
Hi list,

does anybody has experience configuring the HP iLO (Integrated Lights-Out) device as fencing device? How does it work?

Fabrizio

hi Fabrizio

yes, we use it. And it works pretty well.
some tips:

- we have an account, cluster, which only has power state priveleges. the syntax is as follows (in the HP management shell):
cd /map1/accounts
create username=cluster password=passw0rd group=oemhp_power

- use at least firmware version 1.84

- the Cluster Suite manual is pretty complete w.r.t. setting up the iLO as a fence_ilo fencing device in the system-config-cluster GUI. If you dont use the GUI, the syntax is <fencedevice agent="fence_ilo" hostname="node1-rac" login="cluster" name="node1-rac" passwd="passw0rd"/>

greetings
Riaan
begin:vcard
fn:Riaan van Niekerk
n:van Niekerk;Riaan
org:Obsidian Systems;Obsidian Red Hat Consulting
email;internet:riaan obsidian co za
title:Systems Architect
tel;work:+27 11 792 6500
tel;fax:+27 11 792 6522