[Linux-cluster] Using mysql cluster with GFS on RHEL 4

Tom Mornini tmornini at engineyard.com
Mon Nov 27 07:13:41 UTC 2006

That is correct, with MyISAM tables, you can have active/active on
GFS storage.

The MySQL Cluster DB is a weird beast, IMHO.

I read their book on it, and it made me laugh out loud when it said,
as an admitted limitation, you could not issue commands that modified
the schema such as ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN and ALTER TABLE CREATE
INDEX while the database was online.

:-)

--
-- Tom Mornini, CTO