Re: [Linux-cluster] How to find out what kernel version current GFS rpm is compiled against?

Hi Riaan,

On 11/28/06, Riaan van Niekerk <riaan obsidian co za> wrote:
hi RR

you have a couple of options:

1 (assuming you have a valid GFS subscription) in RHN under the "File
List" for a specific package will it list the files contained in the
package. your version of GFS installs into
/lib/modules/2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp/kernel/fs/gfs

Unfortunately, I don't have a GFS subscription, flying in the dark at
the moment and hoping nothing too serious goes wrong. RHN subscription
is, believe it or not, more expensive than "most" Microsoft licenses
under a SPLA. I'm assuming what you mean there is that it will
automatically install the version of GFS in the kernel directory it's
compiled for? At the moment, I have GFS-6.1.6-1 installed in the
2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp directory. Are you running this version of GFS with
42.0.3?

2 If you have the package downloaded, a rpm -qpl \
   GFS-kernel-smp-2.6.9-60.3.i686.rpm
will also show you what the relevant kernel version is.

This doesn't show me anything but the listing of the RPM, but there's
nothing in there that indicates the version of kernel. What am I
looking for here?

Thanks so much
\R