Re: [Linux-cluster] Quorum partition size requirements?

Jos Vos wrote:
Hi,

What are the size requirements for a quorum disk (RHEL4 U4 qdisk)?

Mkqdisk seems to write a fixed amount of status blocks (always for
16 nodes) and it doesn't complain when running mkqdisk on just 1 MB,
so I guess the needs are minimal, but I wnat to be sure.

(Back in RHEL 2.1 the old-style quorum disk needed to be 10+ MB.)

Thanks,
Hi Jos,

The official answer is 10MB. The real number is something like 100KB,
but we'd like to reserve 10MB for possible future expansion and features.
I added this to the faq too:

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#quorumdisksize

Regards,

Bob Peterson