[Linux-cluster] Distributing cluster.conf with <quorumd> tag

James Parsons jparsons at redhat.com
Mon Oct 9 17:33:18 UTC 2006

Jos Vos wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 12:52:26PM -0400, James Parsons wrote:
>

>>Sorry, Jos - but system-config-cluster support for quorum disk is coming
>>in the next rhel4 cs release and in rhel5 cs. You will have to
>>distribute your conf file by hand. this is done using two helper tools
>>for a DLM cluster.
>>

>Well, as long as you don't need to manually "scp" to every node I'm
>already happy, a command-line is more convenient than a GUI anyway :-)
>

>>First you need to run 'ccs_tool update [path to conf file]' with a new
>>incremently higher config_version in the file.
>>

>OK, that worked and seemed to have distributed the config file.
>

>>Then you will need to run 'cman_tool -r version [the version number you
>>chose]'
>>

>You mean "cman_tool version -r [...]" I guess?
>
>Do I need to run that on every node or just on one node?

Just one node.

One drawback in the design of s-c-cluster, is its inability to handle
anything but  its own very rigerous schema. This was done to keep the UI
from choking on an unknown XML tag. When the conf file is loaded, it is
checked with xmllint --relaxng, and even if it finds problems and you
select to continue anyway, it will not persist tag sets it does not know
about in the output file when changes are made and propagated to the
cluster.

I have been considering adding the ability for users to add their own
tag sets and attributes, and have the UI persist them in the model and
write them back out, but not provide a way to edit them in the UI. This
would address when support of a new feature lags in the UI (like quorum
disk) as well as user defined specialty tags.

-J