Re: [Linux-cluster] Re: Hard lockups during file transfer to GNBD/GFS device

On 9/29/06, David Brieck Jr. <dbrieck gmail com> wrote:
On 9/28/06, David Teigland <teigland redhat com> wrote:

> Could you try it without multipath?  You have quite a few layers there.
> Dave

Thanks for the response. I unloaded gfs, clvm, gnbd and multipath, the
reloaded gnbd, clvm and gfs. It was only talking to one of the gnbd
servers and without multipath. Here's the log from this crash. It
seems to have more info in it.

I'm kinda confused why it still has references to mulitpath though. I
unloaded the multipath module so I'm not sure why it's still in there.
SNIP

Since I didn't hear back from anyone I decided to try things a little
differently. Instead of rsyncing on the local machine, I ran the rsync
from another cluster member who also mounts the same partition I was
trying to move things too.

So instead of

rsync -a /path/to/files/ /mnt/http/

I used

rsync -a root 10 1 1 121::/path/to/files/  /mnt/http/

and I didn't have a crash at all. Why would this not cause a problem
when the first one did? Is this more of an rsync problem maybe? I do
have 2 NFS exports, could those have been causing the problem?

Thanks.