[Linux-cluster] LVS port translation

Brenton Rothchild brentonr at dorm.org
Tue Oct 10 13:44:24 UTC 2006

Jordi Prats wrote:
> Hi,
> It would be great if you could send it to me! There's any reason why it
> is not included in main distribution?
>
> If there's any thing left to do I could try to do it because I prefere
> not to depen on a patch to upgrade.
>
> Thank you!
> Jordi

Jordi,

Attached is the patch I have been using.

It does the following things:

  - Adds a "port" option to real-server blocks in lvs.cf.  This value defaults
    to the virtual service port number if specified, and port 80 if neither are
    specified (this is the default as is currently in piranha).  This port value
    is passed to the "-r" argument for ipvsadm as called by nanny.

  - Adds the "-r" argument to nanny itself, similar to the already existing "-p"
    argument.  The manpage for nanny has been updated to reflect this usage.

  - The special token "%p" has been added to nanny's external check command syntax
    in order to utilize the specific real-server port number in command-line-specified
    external check commands with nanny.  Also see nanny manpage updates.

So basically what you can do is add a "port" value inside your real-server blocks
in lvs.cf, and be on your way :)

I don't know if there's anything left to do in order to have such a patch submitted
to the piranha sources - I've never done that before.  If anyone would like to get
it in there, I would love it for the same reason: no more custom building/patching
on upgrades :)

Comments certainly welcome!

-Brenton Rothchild