Re: [Linux-cluster] qdiskd vote not represented by cman

On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 20:26 -0300, Filipe Miranda wrote:
> the qdisk votes be set to a number higher than the sum of the nodes?
> For example: If I have 3 nodes each with 1 vote. My qdisk vote value
> should be set to 4.
> Am I wrong?

It's usually set to the sum-total of votes in the cluster, but you can
really use any number >= to that value.

e.g.

In a 4 node cluster, each node contributes one vote.  If qdisk is set to
4 votes, the max expected votes is 8.  Any one node's vote + qdisk votes
is enough for quorum (5 votes).

-- Lon